Mobile Home Related Metal Roof Insulation - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-28-2010, 10:29 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

mobile home related metal roof insulation

first of all, just found this site and its great!

i have a mobile home that has a screen room that is totally uninsulated. the roof is a raised seam metal roof that has a gentle radius/arch to it from the attachment at the mobile home to the outside wall.

i want to add insulation , first to the roof of the screen room. my thaughts were to use a suspended ceiling grid with 2" foam panels all on a straight/slanting line from attachment point to at the mobile to outside wall.

while this would be relatively 'simple' i have a huge concern about waterproofing the attachments to/through the roof (single layer sheet metal).

what can be done to waterproof these penetrations to the roof and or what would be a better alternative?

Advertisement

chris313scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote