Mmmmm Ceilings Do I Or Dont I - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-09-2004, 04:06 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

mmmmm ceilings do i or dont i

help !!! i am about to rip out the ceilings in our new home but as i am skint i need to know if i can tape and joint a ceiling ?????????

i know wall boards are tapered but only on two sides ,,,im just trying to save on skimming :o

Advertisement

spratster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 09:13 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 25

mmmmm ceilings do i or dont i

Quote:
Originally Posted by spratster
help !!! i am about to rip out the ceilings in our new home but as i am skint i need to know if i can tape and joint a ceiling ?????????

i know wall boards are tapered but only on two sides ,,,im just trying to save on skimming :o

You tape and spackle ceiling joints the same as you would wall joints. It's actually easier to hide joints in corners then it is on flat wall. Just lay your spackle thin on the tape so you have less sanding to do later. I don't know which tape you're using. I prefer the fiberglass mesh tape over paper tape. You don't have to spackle an undercoat before the tape. And the mesh tape is self stick also. You don't have to worry about the tape becoming bubbled up over time cause of air pockets like it always seems to do in some areas.

Advertisement

Hammertime is offline   Reply With Quote