Metal Studs In Metal Building With Horizontal Support - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-06-2012, 06:28 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Question

Metal Studs in Metal building with horizontal support

I have a metal building that has horizontal supports at 3' and 7' from the floor. These supports are 8" wide and have a reverse bend on the front that goes back 1/4" to 3/8".
I want to put in metal studs and not come out from the wall another 4" for stud width. This would effectily place my interior wall 12" from exterior wall.
I know that I can place a stud track on the top side of the support to place my stud in, but when it comes the the underside (the one at 3' and the other at 7') how can I place the stud track so there isn't a 1/4-3/8" gap? Should I just notch the stud to go around this?
I have attached a photo of what I have.
Attached Thumbnails
Metal Studs in Metal building with horizontal support-metal-stud.jpg  

Advertisement

7SistersRanchTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:56 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 25

Metal Studs in Metal building with horizontal support

You can attach wood blocking on the underside of the horizontal member, make sure it comes below the lowest part then attach your track to it making sure you bring it out flush with the plane of your wall

Advertisement

kj6887 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
metal building , metal studs , mueller