Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-20-2010, 12:47 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

metal fabrication

Hi,

I have a punching bag with an metal "arm" that holds the bag. It is too tall so I want to cut the bottom of the arm and drill two new holes for a bolt. I need to shorten it by about 5 inches, and make sure the new holes are at the right height. The pipe is about 3.5 inches diameter, and maybe 2-3mm thick.

I'm in Mississauga, Ontario, I have no idea who I would contact to do this. Any suggestions? and about how much should it cost to have someone do this?

Thank you.

yasman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 01:33 PM   #2
Mod

Rewards Points: 60

metal fabrication

Find a “small” metal fab/welding shop in your area. I couldn’t see it costing more than 1hr. in labor.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:28 PM   #3
I own my dream cough home

metal fabrication

You could post on craigslist or talk to friends. Somebody out there has got to have the necessary tools to do it on the cheap. I'd have it done for you already if you weren't so far away
Subaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:54 PM   #4

metal fabrication

Shoot, buy the tools and do it yourself! Then you'll have the tools and have it exactly where you want it. It sounds like you all you need are a drill motor, a set of drill bits, a center punch, a hammer, SAFETY GLASSES, and a few wenches (oh. those are for later. I mean "wrenches".) Taking it somewhere is a PITA, and it may not get done how you want it to. I'd rather mess up myself than pay someone else to, and you'll likely get it right. GL. j
jklingel is offline   Reply With Quote