Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-22-2011, 03:44 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Metal Building Foundation Pics

I'm in the process of getting permits for a metal building. The foundation is a stem wall with sloped floor since I will be parking vehicles inside of it.

The building is 50' X 75'

Does anyone have any pictiures of a stem wall foundation with rebar prior to the pour?

I have a foundation plan with details and all but I would like to see what they look like in real life.

I especially would like to see the rigid support footings with the hairpin and how it is attached.

Any pics would help.

Thanks

CaptainD51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 04:41 PM   #2
Disabled wood vet

Wow. That's huge. Sorry no pictures. You can't picture it from the plans?

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy S2

titanoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 05:10 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanoman View Post
Wow. That's huge. Sorry no pictures. You can't picture it from the plans?
I'm looking for a more three demensional view and would like to see how the bolts attach to the rebar.

The hairpin I assume is just set into the "cage" and wired in
Old 12-22-2011, 07:24 PM   #4
Residential Designer

Rewards Points: 2
Send a message via Skype™ to AndyGump

Some professional designers here (hint, hint) can take your plans and make a 3-D model showing as much detail as you need for a price.

Andy.
AndyGump is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:31 PM   #5
Disabled wood vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyGump View Post
Some professional designers here (hint, hint) can take your plans and make a 3-D model showing as much detail as you need for a price.

Andy.
I build models for residential houses but I've never built a model of a foundation with rebar and j-bolts and what have you. I guess anything can be fabricated for a price.
titanoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:45 PM   #6
Too Old

And you bought a 50x75 steel building with footing detail. I am sorry but if you want to see it in real life then have a concrete crew build one. How about if you get with the supplier and see who has one being built in your area, or maybe they can ship a section to you with the building.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:49 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by havalife View Post
And you bought a 50x75 steel building with footing detail.
The building did not come with footing details, I had a local Engineer draft the foundation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by havalife View Post
I am sorry but if you want to see it in real life then have a concrete crew build one. How about if you get with the supplier and see who has one being built in your area, or maybe they can ship a section to you with the building
I'm more of a DIY r though I do have a concrete crew that is going to assist me with the forms and pour. Prior to doing something, especially something this big, I like to learn as much as possible before the work starts. Hence, trying to see what I read about, thought someone here might have a few pictures lying around that I could look at.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:24 AM   #8
JOATMON

Rewards Points: 40

My addition foundation is a combination of slab and crawl space...I guess you could call it a stem wall. 2 #4 bars in the top.....2 #4 bars in the bottom. I'm going to assume they have you digging down at least 24" below grade.

And this is my garage foundation.....not nearly as big as yours but sounds like it was built pretty much the same way yours will be built....except you stem wall might be a little wider.

There are more pics in the links in my signature.

My 2-Story Addition Build in Progress Link ... My Garage Build Link and My Jeep Build Link
ddawg16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:57 AM   #9

Nice garage build, looks like you filled it up. I'm told my shop looks big on paper but everyone says it will be full in a few years. Fresno County charges $875.00 just to review my plans, no idea on what it will cost for the actual permits.

My drawings are designed around two pours, one for the stem wall and one for the floor. (not that I could not do one pour)

Two of my projects are to restore a 1942 Willys jeep and my 1975 Toyota landcruiser. My Dad and I restore antique engines (The ones with the heavy flywheels) so that is the primary reason for the shop / playroom