Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-13-2009, 07:05 PM   #1

Share |

Making Fence Post Holes In Concrete

I'm going to install a vinyl fence and most of the posts will be placed where there is existing concrete. I was wondering what is the best method for making the holes in the concrete? My Dewalt drill has a hammer drill setting. Should I just get the largest masonry bit and make multiple holes until I can chisel it into one large opening?
jte1130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 02:13 PM   #2

First off, pls. consult a contractor. Even if for questions, A real, true contractor will always give honest advice. Hopefully you thought of rebar, reinforcing steel, if you run into this, and it's in the way of the post placement, then what? How What are the posts made of and what method were you thinking of to anchor them?
"Not a Contractor, just well schooled"
d.sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:07 PM   #3

diamond core drill on a stand which's bolted down to the conc,,, you can hurt yourself if its not done right, too ! IF you have a 1 3/4" drill, you could use that but finding the adapter's impossible unless you buy it,,, your drill's not set up for waterfeed so don't forget the gfci.

yes, your method'd work - just look like hell !
itsreallyconc is online now   Reply With Quote