LP Smartside Advice - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-21-2013, 08:33 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

LP Smartside Advice

Greetings,

I'm designing and building a small (16' X 14') cabin in western wisconsin. My intent is to sheath the walls with OSB and then side the cabin with LP Smartside Grooveless panels. I would then add LP Smartside Trim to simulate board and batten construction.

A) What thickness OSB do I want to use for the sheathing?
B) What should I use as a vapor barrier in between the Sheathing and the Smartside siding?
C) If the Smartside trim "battens" are 4" wide is it permissable to nail them to the face of the Smartside panels or do I need to hit studs? The studs are on 16" centers and I think I want the battens on 12" spacing so hitting the studs will not work unless I block everywhere.

Rendering of design follows. Advice greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Dave
Attached Thumbnails
LP Smartside Advice-sliding-porch-door-2.jpg  

Advertisement

Davef_dci is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
board and batten , lp smartside , siding