Loose Fill Insulation in walls
Can I use loose fill insulation for a 2x3 studded wall?
Here's my plan to insulate cinderblock walls in a partially underground basement.
1. Attach unfaced 1/2" polystyrene sheating to the cinderblock and seal the joints.
2. Frame a wall with 2x3s directly against the sheating.
3. Attache Drywall to the frame, leaving a gap at the top.
4. Blow cellulose loose fill insulation into wall cavity.
5. Fill the gap part of the cavity with standard fiberglass insulation.
6. Drywall the gap.
Moved to Building and Construction forum.
Sounds good! Use p.t. bottom plate, caulk all surface connections, hold drywall up ½” above floor, use a sill sealer under plate for a thermal/capillary break, add foam board on top of concrete stem wall- caulking first, depends on location for v.b., v.r. or not, and meet required basement R-value in walls:
R-1.11 for 8” block: http://www.coloradoenergy.org/procor...f/r-values.htm
Be safe, Gary
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:24 AM.|