Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-26-2013, 03:15 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 150

Looks for a good economical supplier for corrugated metal for building

I am working on a couple of barns and metal price just hurts. I need the best deal I can find.

I am looking for 26ga, G-90 galv, Kylar finish, reverse PBR panel

Anyone have contacts? Buying direct sounds better than lining someone's pocket.

viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:44 PM   #2
"You can do anything"-Mom

Rewards Points: 500

Where are you located?

brockmiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:45 PM   #3

Also 26 Ga Kynar is usually not a stock item for most roll formers. You need to bump to 24ga Kynar or stick with 26ga Siliconized Polyester.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:12 PM   #4

I apologize, I am in central KS.

Since some here might be familiar with these products, I have not completed my research on coatings and would also like to ask of the different coatings available specifically, and their pros/cons. It was my understanding that Kynar was THE finish to have for long life today but I am also seeing "signature 300" popping up as well. I am curious what the differences are?

I am looking for the best. Regarding gauge thickness, 26ga has been pretty common with most vendors and our local supplier did not have an issue getting it.

I would love to install 24ga but in looking at the engineering data, it starts getting to a point of diminished returns for our building. We do live in tornado alley so there is some level of gamble regarding hail and wind. 29ga just does not like 100mph wind. I have seen 26ga curl up but stay on the building. 24ga might hold but there is only a small margin there before an EF3 will wipe it away too.

We are designing the building for 130mph wind (before margins). Anything more and we are probably hosed anyway.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:44 PM   #5

The gauge of the panel has less to do with resisting wind than does the center to center distance of the horizontal (or vertical if framing) supports.

Kynar - Sig 300 - Sig 3000 -Hylar - Spec3000 (my company) is all the same.

All coatings have about the same finish warranty 30yr - 40yr - 50yr depending on how its worded. When it comes right down to it we all get the same coils from the same coil manufacturers and roll form it at our factory. The coils come prefinished and get formed.

Are you building a pole barn, metal building, or conventional framed?

If all you need is sheeting and want to get it from a manufacturer rather than a middle man then let me know and I'll tell you where you can get it. If you have more questions ask away.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:12 PM   #6

We are building a 40x60x16 soon and an 80x150x18 next year. I am not sure what direct pricing will look like but yes, I would like to just order metal, trim work, etc. I might have to compare that to a package cost with the local lumber yards though. I know they want to get that metal business but it hurts, especially on that 80x150

These are both pole barn types. I beam costs too much in taxes around here.

Please feel free to PM details and contacts on metal.

Also, I would like to ask about stitch screws. I want the best. I know if that seal washer fails, I am hosed and these are both going to be finished, climate controlled spaces.