Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-14-2011, 09:46 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Question

looking for solution to seal pipe surrounding

Bad leak around the septic pipe penetrating basement foundation wall. I chiseled off surface cement. Under the thin layer strong cement, I found about half inch loose cement, loose like cookie; inside there is another half inch dirty hemp rope, then empty gap around pipe going 12-inch deep. I guess the other end is also the same. No wonder it leaks so badly in raining day. refer to pictures for before and after.

The outside of the house around the pipe location is a 7-foot wide, 4-foot tall stone-concrete porch. The pipe is 4 feet underground, 8 feet below porch. No one want to tire down the porch to fix the leak from the outside.

I can only do water-proofing from the inside of the basement. I am looking for solutions to seal the gap between the pipe and foundation wall. As you can see, the gap is no symmetric.

here is what I am trying to do:

Inject foam sealant first; then half inch polyurethane, then cover with half inch hydraulic cement. How’s that sound to you?
Attached Thumbnails
looking for solution to seal pipe surrounding-after.jpg   looking for solution to seal pipe surrounding-before.jpg   looking for solution to seal pipe surrounding-outside.jpg  

Last edited by dongdong1; 03-14-2011 at 09:56 PM.
dongdong1 is offline   Reply With Quote