Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-07-2010, 05:04 PM   #1

Share |

Load bearing wall or not

I am remodeling the master bathroom. We live in a tri-level house. The bath I am doing is on the bottom floor. The way the house is laid out is, Garage, master bed/bath and family room on bottom. The you go up a couple stairs and it is the living room, kitchen and dinning room. The you go the opposite way up about 10 stairs and you have 3 more bedrooms and a bath. This part of the house is over the family room and master bed/bath. The wall I want to take out is a wall in the masterbath. It has plumbing for the shower that runs down it coming from the ceiling. I don't think this is a LB wall. It is only 41 inches long and is in the middle of my bathroom. It was on of my shower walls.

southernmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 05:26 PM   #2

Load bearing wall or not

If the wall runs parallel to the floor joist and the ceiling joist then it is probably not a load bearing wall. No way to tell from your description. On site inspection by an expert is probably the best.