Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-02-2010, 01:51 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

living room foundation problem

on the outside wall of my living room at the floor there is a gap varying in width as it moves along the living room starting at quarter inch on up to prolly inch and a eight between the wall and the floor boards
from the outside you can kinda tell taht the bottom of the wall is bent out if you can get what I am saying its like that untill the wall and then the room right after it on the same outside room is perfect none of these problems

its a house built in the fiftees and it has solid wood walls behing paneling and asbestos cement tile on the outside

from the outside it looks as if the blocks sunk on the outside maybe putting pressure on the wall and bending them out im not really sure

this is due to im sure the gutters not being complete
they run with no downspout directly off the house and down on the ground where the water kinda made a trench and the water sits against the foundation

I will post some pictures tommrow but if anyone can help me it sure would be appreciated
thanks so much

rebelbull is offline   Reply With Quote