Lifting A Home - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-05-2012, 10:32 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

lifting a home

Does anyone know the cost and difficulty of raising a ranch home? I want to lift the home and install a row or two of block.

Advertisement

danovano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 11:43 AM   #2
Civil Engineer

Rewards Points: 2,196

lifting a home

This is a very common question on this forum, do a search for "raising house" or similar, you will see lots of posts. In my opinion, this is way past DIY stuff due to the difficulty of synchronizing multiple jacks, the danger of structural failure during the lift, and the potential for damage to the house. However, there are folks on here who claim to have done it successfully, so I say more power to them.

As for cost, you need to prepare a bid package specifying exactly what you want done, then put it out to bid to local, qualified contractors. That is the only way you are going to know what the job costs. There are likely folks on here who have done it and may be willing to discuss their costs with you, but realistically costs vary tremendously with region, timing, size and style of house, so it is hard to compare two different jobs.

Advertisement

Daniel Holzman is offline   Reply With Quote