Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-06-2009, 05:38 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Leveling Concrete

In my back yard I have an area of concrete that looks like it was half way poured, then the previous owner went back a few years later and poured the rest of it with left over concrete, so it's uneven and in sections. If I boarded off the area and laid concrete on top of this, would it set well? I just want it to look better and be more functional instead of lop-sided and uneven.

mark! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 07:27 AM   #2
BUILDER / REMODELING CONT

Leveling Concrete

its hard to say with out looking at it first, what would the thickest and thinnest portion of the new cement be. if your talking inches yes it could be done as long as you paint on a cement bonding agent before you install your cement. there is also a product for smaller thinner issues i have had my mason use for leveling out basement floors. self leveling. you will have to seal the inside of your forms for this as it will drain out. because of its loose consistency. another thought if you are looking for color match, no mater what process you use it will not match other surrounding concrete surfaces, as for walkways, steps. BOB.

buletbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 11:12 AM   #3

Leveling Concrete

OOPS i put this in the wrong thread,so i actually redone in another thread.

Hey Guys,i've got a question about installing my vynyl corners.Afte doing my "birdhouses"on my garage,it occured to me that when i install my corners that the boxes are located so that the corners may need to be "split" to fit all the way up to the gable.Ifneeded i can post a pic so maybe i can get some advice of a good way to install my corners without having them look a lil awkward. appreciate any input guys as i've tried browseing the web to find a idea of how to do them,but no luck. Thanks

Last edited by holtff1074; 01-01-2011 at 11:17 AM.
holtff1074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 11:19 AM   #4
Framing Contractor

Leveling Concrete

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark! View Post
In my back yard I have an area of concrete that looks like it was half way poured, then the previous owner went back a few years later and poured the rest of it with left over concrete, so it's uneven and in sections. If I boarded off the area and laid concrete on top of this, would it set well? I just want it to look better and be more functional instead of lop-sided and uneven.
You can se if there's a, "Mudjacking" company near you. Watch this video. There are many videos about this on Youtube.

http://www.airplaco.com/vid-slabjacking-mudjacking.html
Old 01-01-2011, 09:14 PM   #5

Leveling Concrete

Quote:
Originally Posted by buletbob View Post
its hard to say with out looking at it first, what would the thickest and thinnest portion of the new cement be. if your talking inches yes it could be done as long as you paint on a cement bonding agent before you install your cement. there is also a product for smaller thinner issues i have had my mason use for leveling out basement floors. self leveling. you will have to seal the inside of your forms for this as it will drain out. because of its loose consistency. another thought if you are looking for color match, no mater what process you use it will not match other surrounding concrete surfaces, as for walkways, steps. BOB.

The thin-layer, self-leveling concrete I have used for leveling sub-floors before tiling came with a warning that it must be covered by flooring, and would crack / break apart if subjected to direct traffic & loading.

Guy
DIY_ing_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote