Lennar Homes - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-22-2007, 08:16 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Question

Lennar Homes

Has anyone bought/lived in a Lennar home? We are considering purchasing in one of their developments.

Advertisement

suekay3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 06:21 PM   #2

Lennar Homes

A friend of mine just bought a few places built by Lennar, one to live in, and another couple to flip. I have seen the work up close and personal, and it sure looked good to me. I walked around his place with a fine tooth comb and found almost nothing to even bother complaining about.
I remember seeing his list of things for the builders to come back and fix, which is normal for any new home, and everything on his list was small bonehead mistakes: tighten this, adjust that. Nothing big.

This may be specific to this one particular design/build, but the one thing I didn't really like is that there were very few overhead light fixtures in the house, especially in the basement. Everything was done with switched outlets. It made for a difficult time designing a lighting scheme.

I know that some (if not all) of Lennar's efforts are "all included" which means they're package deals with appliances and such, so you don't have a say in a lot of the details. This is fine if you like what they give you, but my friend's place was furnished with all G.E. appliances, and I personally believe G.E. to be junk. I'm pretty sure all of Lennar's homes use G.E. because they have some kind of corporate deal with them. ptooey.

All in all I think the craftsmanship was really good, and the homes I've seen are solid. I hope this helps!

SamJade

Advertisement

samjade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:43 AM   #3

Lennar Homes

Thanks for your reply. But a couple of weeks after I posted my question we ended up buying a Centex home and we couldn't be more pleased! It was a much better bargain than the Lennar we considered, being an 'inventory' home they wanted to move it. The price was fantastic to begin with, but the really good news is that there are @ 10K worth of options that didn't appear on the inventory list, so were not included in the price they quoted and we signed on. They couldn't 'up' the price at that point. I'm sure they still made money so everyone is happy. We have no complaints about construction, design, etc. Susan
Old 03-26-2007, 12:51 PM   #4

Lennar Homes

I'm glad to hear that you're happy with your purchase!

I was strolling through the forums as a new member and I didn't realize the date on your original post until after I submitted my reply

In any event, congrats!

SamJade
samjade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:54 PM   #5

Lennar Homes

No problem! Glad to have a new member!