Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-29-2005, 02:33 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Leaking basement..

I have had a problem with parts of my basement leaking. During a large rain storm I will get a puddle appx 1 ft wide. I thought the leak was at the crease of the floor & the wall, but someone who looked at it says it is coming from my chimney...Is this possible?

Also, another problem has arised..I had my sewer cleaned this week due to slow flushing toilets..the sewer professional told me after coming back a 2nd time in 3 days that my sewer trap should be taking out and I should put a straight pipe in..Please give me any imput you can..

Thank you

MRHOCKEY2434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 05:07 PM   #2
2nd half

Rewards Points: 25

Leaking basement..

mr.
All the homes that I connect these days go straight out to the sewer main ( no inline traps ). All your fixtures are covered with their own traps, I don't see the need to have one in the line outside, if that is what you referred to. As for your chimney problems it's very possible that your chimney flashing has come undone or perhaps the chimney cap has cracked allowing water to follow down your furnace flue. Then there is also the possibility it could be coming in through the foundation of the chimney. Wish I could be giving you better news, but have a Happy New Year!

Last edited by jmic; 12-29-2005 at 05:10 PM.
jmic is offline   Reply With Quote