Laying Out Shed - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-30-2007, 07:50 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 25

Laying Out Shed

Laying out Shed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am about to lay my sticks out for my shed and would like to know how to measure the distance between the sticks to be able to square it up?

The shed is going to be 13'2" X 15'2" What would be the distances between the corners?

You may ask why these measurements? I have to stay under 200 sq. ft. if I go 200 or more sq.ft. I will need a foundation and blueprints and my taxes will go up. This gaves me 199.6 sq.ft.

I am putting a stone base under it and I am 10 inches in the ground and would like to know what size of stone I should use? I am also going 2 or 3 inches above ground and was thinking about Mil Beam or Beam for the top? What would be the best? :confused::confused:

Advertisement

Rifeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 10:49 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 250

Laying Out Shed

I could find the triangulation math to do this for the length but not how I would do it. The simplest way is to make sure both diagonals from corner to corner are the same distance as each other and it is square. this works with squares and rectangles. I don't know if the 2" is going to give that much more actual room in the unit. not sure what your using for building supplies if you are coving the outside in 4x8 sheets you may consider 12' x 16' that out be 4 sheets 4' wide down the long sides and 3 wide down the small ones with a lot less scrap and cutting and it would still give you 192 square foot foot-print. just a thought. For the roofing consider pre-made trusses many box stores carry different sizes most can order what you need other wise.

Advertisement