Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-12-2010, 04:05 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sonoma County, California
Posts: 164
Rewards Points: 150
Default

Lap Siding


Looking for the 16 x 20 garage

For the homeowners association have to use lap siding or stucco

No T-11 and no vinyl siding

I have a lot of experience with the hardie lap siding and I like it alot, just would be nice if they came in lengths of 16 and 20 so I dont have to worry about joints.

Wanted to see if anyone would recommend a lap siding that comes in 16 or 20 foot lengths???

If you do, would you recommend it?

Any suggestions?

canyonbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 04:57 PM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,794
Rewards Points: 1,000
Default

Lap Siding


FYI - there are available 4'x8' sheets that install like T111 but have stucco pattern and appearance.

vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:02 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sonoma County, California
Posts: 164
Rewards Points: 150
Default

Lap Siding


Quote:
Originally Posted by vsheetz View Post
FYI - there are available 4'x8' sheets that install like T111 but have stucco pattern and appearance.
Really?

Did not know that, where do you by them at?

How do they install?

Have you or anyone else used them?
canyonbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:24 PM   #4
"Beam me up, Scottie"
 
Kevin M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Omaha, Ne.
Posts: 194
Rewards Points: 150
Default

Lap Siding


Quote:
Originally Posted by canyonbc View Post
Looking for the 16 x 20 garage

For the homeowners association have to use lap siding or stucco

No T-11 and no vinyl siding

I have a lot of experience with the hardie lap siding and I like it alot, just would be nice if they came in lengths of 16 and 20 so I dont have to worry about joints.

Wanted to see if anyone would recommend a lap siding that comes in 16 or 20 foot lengths???

If you do, would you recommend it?

Any suggestions?
LP smart siding is a decent product. It is quite a bit easier to install than Hardi Lap. If you install it correctly, it is a 25 year product. Perfect for a garage.

Kevin
http://www.lpcorp.com/smartside/
Kevin M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:03 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sonoma County, California
Posts: 164
Rewards Points: 150
Default

Lap Siding


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin M. View Post
LP smart siding is a decent product. It is quite a bit easier to install than Hardi Lap. If you install it correctly, it is a 25 year product. Perfect for a garage.

Kevin
http://www.lpcorp.com/smartside/
I will check this out, is the the masonite siding??
canyonbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:31 PM   #6
"Beam me up, Scottie"
 
Kevin M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Omaha, Ne.
Posts: 194
Rewards Points: 150
Default

Lap Siding


Quote:
Originally Posted by canyonbc View Post
I will check this out, is the the masonite siding??
No. It's quite a bit better product. It is a wood base similar to OSB with a protective layer. If it is installed correctly, it should easily last 20 years or so.

Kevin
Kevin M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:20 PM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sonoma County, California
Posts: 164
Rewards Points: 150
Default

Lap Siding


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin M. View Post
No. It's quite a bit better product. It is a wood base similar to OSB with a protective layer. If it is installed correctly, it should easily last 20 years or so.

Kevin
Kevin,

Thanks, I will head to the lumber yard tomorrow after work.

Do you know what lengths it comes in?

I am going to look up there website right now.

Thanks again
Mike

canyonbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rot under vinyl siding zackinma Building & Construction 1 12-28-2009 11:07 PM
New siding, paint exsisting siding, or powerwash?? fixiechick General DIY Discussions 5 01-23-2009 12:50 AM
Siding: Cement Vs. Cedar Grumpy Remodeling 5 03-19-2005 02:07 PM
Siding: Aluminum vs. Vinyl Grumpy Remodeling 1 03-19-2005 01:55 PM
Siding: Aluminum vs. Vinyl Grumpy Remodeling 0 04-18-2004 04:35 PM




Top of Page | View New Posts

Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.