Landscaper To Pour Concrete For Patio? - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-06-2010, 01:28 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Landscaper to Pour Concrete For Patio?

Hi-
I apologize if this question has already been answered somewhere else in this forum. I'm currently receiving estimates for a concrete patio. For the most part, I've received estimates from contractors that have a concrete license. I also received a quote for the patio from a contractor licensed in landscaping. I hit it off well with the landscaper, and he told me that a landscaping license includes patio/walkway work. My question is if you advise going with a contractor that's licensed for concrete work or if a landscaper is just as qualified. Thanks.

Advertisement

tibetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 08:22 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibetie View Post
Hi-
I apologize if this question has already been answered somewhere else in this forum. I'm currently receiving estimates for a concrete patio. For the most part, I've received estimates from contractors that have a concrete license. I also received a quote for the patio from a contractor licensed in landscaping. I hit it off well with the landscaper, and he told me that a landscaping license includes patio/walkway work. My question is if you advise going with a contractor that's licensed for concrete work or if a landscaper is just as qualified. Thanks.
My landscaper can bearly cut the grass.
Ron

Advertisement

Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 09:42 PM   #3

Location: Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota - Latitude 45.057 Longitude -93.074
Rewards Points: 2,144

Do you want rocks and black dirt in the patio. Just hope he is experienced and does not want to have some creative slopes.

How do his references check out and have you seen any of his CONCRETE work?
concretemasonry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to concretemasonry For This Useful Post:
jlhaslip (11-07-2010)
Old 11-06-2010, 11:37 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 3,570

The landscaper could be just as qualified. It depends if he has poured concrete before or not. Maybe he does it once a year. Maybe he does every week. You need to check him out.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:59 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 10

That's what I'm worried about... that it might be something that he can do, but not necessarily something that he's really good at. I think I'm more comfortable going with someone who does it all of the time.
tibetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 03:57 AM   #6

Rewards Points: 2,486

we're waterproofers for which there is no government specialty license ( to my knowledge ),,, its often amazing to me how licensed plumbers think placing a sump pump solves water-intrusion problems

that being said, its only rocket science when building rockets,,, however, i'd have more faith in 1 who has pro levels of achievement & expertise than anyone sporting a govt-issued license,,, think of it in this light - who's the best union worker you know ?

ps - i ' hit it off well ' w/my friend who's a plumber - i call him & he calls me !

Advertisement

stadry is offline   Reply With Quote