Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-28-2006, 12:33 PM   #1

Share |

Kid's Playhouse

I would like to build a kid's playhouse, possibly 8X12 and have it raised 8' aboveground. I am quite new to construction, and the more I learn the more complicated this "little" project turns out to be. I plan to use 8" tubes to pour four feet of concrete piers for the base. Any suggestions on where I can get information about the best way to go about this? I know the basics of framing, but what size and the spacing of the supports and any other information would be greatly appreciated. I don't mind overengineering at all because safety will be the greatest concern as it is a playhouse for KIDS.

Vergil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 02:04 PM   #2

Kid's Playhouse

I strongly recommend that you get a book -there is a good one called I think Just "playhouses" I want to say the its put out be better homes and gardens. I bought it at borders -Amazon prbably also has it. It has plans for this exact sort of thing, Jason

adjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 05:54 AM   #3
Construction Estimator

Kid's Playhouse

I would still set conventional wood post into the ground approx 36" and set them in concret. Then put a tube over the top and pour it to the height you want. When you get done with that you will have a wood post firmly set to base all your framing on. I am doing something simmular for my kids, but I'm doing it all out of wood. I figure they wil only play on it for a small number of years then I can take it down easily enough when they move onto "boy-girl" stuff.:D
DaveH is offline   Reply With Quote