Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-05-2008, 04:21 AM   #1

Share |
Thumbs up

joist vebtilation

hi to you all ! i am having built a brick porch at the front of my house, as its being slightly wider than the wooden one i have now it will go past a metal grill at the bottom of the house outside and i have been informed the grill is for joist ventilation, would having the grill ventilation inside the new porch cause any adverse effects to the ventilation for the joists ?

Would appreciate a professional opinion if there is anybody outthere from u.k. who can advise me

thanks

stuart

sm5263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 03:04 PM   #2

joist vebtilation

There's no reason they can't incorporate a vent into the side of the brick stoop and connect it to the one in the foundation. Ventilation of these areas reduces moisture which can lead to mold and damage to the wood structure. No matter what country you live in.
Ron

Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 05:54 AM   #3

joist vebtilation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron6519 View Post
There's no reason they can't incorporate a vent into the side of the brick stoop and connect it to the one in the foundation. Ventilation of these areas reduces moisture which can lead to mold and damage to the wood structure. No matter what country you live in.
Ron
Thanks ron !
sm5263 is offline   Reply With Quote