Jigsaw Tile Blade? - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-26-2010, 02:09 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 75

Jigsaw Tile Blade?

I bought a jigsaw tile blade (Bosch from lowes for 8 bucks) Is it worth a darn? I just need to cut three holes - tub spout, mixer, and shower head. If its not good after cutting the holes the fine. One hole is 3/4", the other is 3" and the last is 1 1/4".

Before suggesting, I've already tried to rearrange tile trust me and the size of the tile doesn't work to put the grout line in the middle of the cut outs.

Any better ways than a jigsaw? I have a great dewalt jigsaw thats pretty powerful. I take it I should wet the blade too?

Advertisement

jonathan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 03:00 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

Jigsaw Tile Blade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan03 View Post
I bought a jigsaw tile blade (Bosch from lowes for 8 bucks) Is it worth a darn? I just need to cut three holes - tub spout, mixer, and shower head. If its not good after cutting the holes the fine. One hole is 3/4", the other is 3" and the last is 1 1/4".

Before suggesting, I've already tried to rearrange tile trust me and the size of the tile doesn't work to put the grout line in the middle of the cut outs.

Any better ways than a jigsaw? I have a great dewalt jigsaw thats pretty powerful. I take it I should wet the blade too?
I use a hole saw through ceramic tile. I guess you could use a jigsaw blade. On a piece of scrap do some cuts to see if the blade chips or splinters the glaze too much. For the most part, the tub spout and escutheon plate will cover the hole edges.
Ron

Advertisement

Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:35 PM   #3
Totally screwed together

Rewards Points: 250

Jigsaw Tile Blade?

I used a diamond jigsaw on some cuts, a little larger than yours.

I plugged my jigsaw int a GCFI outlet

I did the work in a water filled pan, with the work hled up on wood blocks and the water level just below the workpiece.

The blade would pull up a little water with every cut to keep the blade cool, and I worked slow and easy.

Keeping your hands wet will keep you from getting glass shard slivers too.
xxPaulCPxx is offline   Reply With Quote