Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-21-2013, 09:44 AM   #1

Share |
Question

Jende

Hi, wondering if someone can help me out. I moved into a house in Nov 2012. Not too long after I noticed that when it rained, I would get a leak in one corner of the house.

I had a guy in to dig and he put a blue membrane on the side of the outside wall. I also noticed he removed a red clay tube and a white plastic tube (about 5 inches). I knew that because they were laying in the back yard.

Now when it rains, i not only still get it in that one corner, but in another corner as well. The next corner would be the next closest corner to the one that was previously leaking. (the corner of an addition)

The guy says he will come back and fill in the hole because after he was finished, he moved the dirt back, but it came away from the house over time and is now graded toward the house, which I know is bad.

Should I get him to put those tube things back? I am quite curious as to why the other corner is now leaking when it was not before. Thank you for any help.

Jende is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:38 AM   #2
Roofmaster

Jende

You need to get the fill around your house sloping away from the house. You also need to make sure your gutters are clear and properly sloped, and extend your downspouts away from the house so they are directing water away. 4 inch non perforated black plastic corrugated flex pipe works good for this. There is no way for us to know what the purpose of the items he removed are without pictures.

Last edited by jagans; 03-21-2013 at 10:42 AM.
jagans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:44 PM   #3

Jende

Sounds as if he left out a critical piece he removed; http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...9QEwBA&dur=652

IMO, no flex, unless you never want/need to clean the system; http://www.easydigging.com/Drainage/...ated_pipe.html

Gary
PS. Welcome to the forums! As jagans said; How to resize photos to post them here.

Last edited by Gary in WA; 03-22-2013 at 10:58 PM. Reason: added photo link
Gary in WA is offline   Reply With Quote