Insulate Side Walls Of Row House - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-27-2010, 01:25 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 250

Insulate Side Walls of Row house

All the houses in my neighborhood are side by side, no gaps, kind of like row houses. So the exterior walls on the sides are touching the neighbor's house and not exposed to outside cold air. Would you still insulate it the same way with vapor barrier?

Advertisement

acerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 12:11 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 500

Insulate Side Walls of Row house

I'd want to keep out pests and noise, not to mention, you never know when something might happen to the other house. plus they might do something like an indoor hottub to realy mess with the humidity. so I'd personally do it like any other exterior wall.

Advertisement

forresth is offline   Reply With Quote