Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-29-2007, 05:24 PM   #1

Share |

Install a garage door mail slot

Hi there,

Does anyone know where I can find instructions on installing a garage door mail slot? I am a bit of a noob so I'm going to need details such as, how to cut through the metal garage door, what type of mail slot to buy etc.

Any help is appriciated.

Thanks in advance.
fesymny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 05:35 PM   #2

I'm not sure they make them specifically for garage doors. That's sort of strange. I'd probably see if there was a jigsaw blade made for sheet metal. Draw the lines specified in the installation directions, take a drill to the four corners of the drawing, and then use the jigsaw to trace the lines from corner to corner. Then I'd assume that the installation would follow the regular instructions from that point on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

s0lidgr0und is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 06:15 PM   #3
Eibwen

Make sure to check postal regulations before you begin... I remember once a mail slot that was cut too low in a door. Mail carrier walked by and said he didnt have to bend over that far carrying a sack of mail to put it in the slot.
Sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 07:59 PM   #4

Damn union employees.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

s0lidgr0und is offline   Reply With Quote