Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-18-2006, 04:35 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Ideas for a loft?

I'm trying to figure out what to do with a loft area that overlooks the family room of our new home, which is currently under construction. We probably should have made this a bedroom, but since we're already getting four I thought I'd try something a little different.

The loft size is 12' 9" x 15' 2". The long side parallels the family room. I'm pretty sure that it's too small for a billiard table, plus it could be somewhat dangerous with flying pool balls and such. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Kelly
Attached Images

kcrossley2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 06:16 PM   #2

Ideas for a loft?

Study or kid's play/toy area? Maybe a media type room but any sound would spill over into the family room below and vice-versa. If you have one you could put a treadmill or other excercise equipment there. If anyone is into crafts it could make a nice craft area. I guess it depends on your family and what your needs are.

snmhanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 06:32 PM   #3

Ideas for a loft?

We're considering a library/video game room. The noise could be in issue thought. We'll have to see.
kcrossley2 is offline   Reply With Quote