Hydrolic Concrete - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-20-2014, 10:25 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 4

Hydrolic concrete

Hi all,
We are doing hydrolic concrete as canal, tuynel... designer use ACI code system. But the audit come and ask me for the antileakge test for concrete. I dont know in the ACI code where address to this problem. Pls help me to respond this problem, thanks!

Advertisement

giangvqpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 04:13 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 3,110

Hydrolic concrete

under what circumstances would anyone use hydraulic cement in either canal OR tunnel ? we were always spec'd to use polyurethane hydrophyllic/hydrophobic injection grout even going back to the lincoln & holland tunnels + world trade center work,,, perhaps specs have changed OR your ' audit ' is not aware of something,,, where's this job located - usa OR ? ? ?

Advertisement

stadry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 07:06 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 4

Hydrolic concrete

Quote:
Originally Posted by stadry View Post
under what circumstances would anyone use hydraulic cement in either canal OR tunnel ? we were always spec'd to use polyurethane hydrophyllic/hydrophobic injection grout even going back to the lincoln & holland tunnels + world trade center work,,, perhaps specs have changed OR your ' audit ' is not aware of something,,, where's this job located - usa OR ? ? ?
I am in Vietnam, the structure under water. We use cement type V (ASTM C150). Our problem is antileakage testing. Sorry hydraulic concrete not hydrolic
giangvqpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 09:50 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 322

Hydrolic concrete

You might want to try joining the engineering forum related to that and ask that question there.
http://www.eng-tips.com
Good luck
rustyjames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rustyjames For This Useful Post:
giangvqpp (11-22-2014)
Old 11-22-2014, 11:22 AM   #5

Rewards Points: 1,636

Hydrolic concrete

Quote:
Originally Posted by giangvqpp View Post
I am in Vietnam, the structure under water. We use cement type V (ASTM C150). Our problem is antileakage testing. Sorry hydraulic concrete not hydrolic

Type v cement is primarily used for a sulfate resistant concrete, and pouring underwater you should be using a tremie, or if not a cofferdam would be a much easier way to go.
Canarywood1 is offline   Reply With Quote