How To Remove A Section Of Vinyl Soffit Vent - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-26-2010, 08:14 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 522

how to remove a section of vinyl soffit vent

My front porch is basically under my roof and the ceiling of the porch is vinyl soffit venting about 5 ft wide panels of it... well the space above it I need to get into (its a fairly big space about 4 ft high on one end and 5 ft wide......) to fix an insulation problem on the far end of it.... how do I remove a section or two of that to get into the attic space? its installed like soffit vent normally is on the overhanging area of a roof..... just never had to remove it before.... thanks!

Advertisement

BlueBSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 08:50 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

how to remove a section of vinyl soffit vent

look where the panel ends in the j channel,find where the panels lock together,take a screw driver,or ice pick at the panel end and''peel'' it away the entire length

that will expose the fasteners of the previous panel,remove as many as needed

Advertisement

Tom Struble is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
soffit vent