Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-18-2010, 07:56 PM   #1

Share |

How to remove roof from wooden gazebo

1st time poster. I did a search but didn't see anything covering this, so I apologized if it's been covered.

Attached to my deck, I have a wooden gazebo that was built with the posts sitting on the gazebo floor, rather than going down to the foundation. Due to this, the roof is causing the gazebo to start leaning and/or twisting. Rather than spend money to try to square and level it, etc...and install diagonals to brace it, I'm thinking of just having the roof taken off and cutting the posts to be even with the railing.

Is this a good idea? How difficult of a job would this be? I'm thinking of having some friends come over and take care of it, rather than hire a professional.

Any thoughts/ideas would be much appreciated!

thanks,
poi
Attached Images

Last edited by poidogger; 04-19-2010 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Meant "built 'with' the posts sitting on..." not 'without' and added picture
poidogger is offline   Reply With Quote