DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Building & Construction (
-   -   How this material called? ABS, ASB ...? (

dainova 06-10-2010 01:04 AM

How this material called? ABS, ASB ...?
sorry guys, need to learn how this material called that used widely in construction, to cover roofing etc, it's kind of plywood type, in big sheets but more rough, remember one guy mentioned 3 letter abr, but I could be wrong.

If anybody know it, what it the best brand in US, or there is made in China.

Thanks to all


Leah Frances 06-10-2010 01:08 AM

OSB - Oriented Strand Board.

Just Bill 06-10-2010 05:42 AM

It's OSB, Oriented Strand Board. Made from large wood chips oriented in a specific direction and layered. Some say it is as strong as plywood, but it can't be left out in dampness or rain.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:58 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1