Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-22-2013, 06:19 PM   #16
journeyman carpenter
 
woodworkbykirk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: nova scotia canada
Posts: 2,673
Share |
Default

How long to build a house in Miami, FL


if its a cookie cutter like you say 3 months is all thats needed, if it were a complex custom home with several change orders during the course of construction then 6 months would be right

its nothing for a good framer to put that up in under 2 weeks. the roofer 2 days.. siding 2 weeks.. decks one day maybe 2.. rough in for plumbing, electrical.. heating 2 -3 weeks total.. drywall hanging 4 days,, etc. etc

woodworkbykirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:36 PM   #17
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sarasota,Florida
Posts: 1,508
Default

How long to build a house in Miami, FL


Quote:
Originally Posted by woodworkbykirk View Post
if its a cookie cutter like you say 3 months is all thats needed, if it were a complex custom home with several change orders during the course of construction then 6 months would be right

its nothing for a good framer to put that up in under 2 weeks. the roofer 2 days.. siding 2 weeks.. decks one day maybe 2.. rough in for plumbing, electrical.. heating 2 -3 weeks total.. drywall hanging 4 days,, etc. etc


The same house i had built would take at least 6 months and maybe more,if it was built anywhere up north.
Canarywood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:29 PM   #18
journeyman carpenter
 
woodworkbykirk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: nova scotia canada
Posts: 2,673
Default

How long to build a house in Miami, FL


like i said, it depends on the builder. some crews are extremely efficient at things others take their time to ensure everything is extremely accurate.. a cookie cutter shouldnt take any time at all where as a custom will take longer. it all depends on the design.. the homeowner and the guys building it,

i know crews that can build you a house in 10 weeks. .then i know other crews that would take 10 months to build the EXACT same house
woodworkbykirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:16 PM   #19
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sarasota,Florida
Posts: 1,508
Default

How long to build a house in Miami, FL


Quote:
Originally Posted by woodworkbykirk View Post
like i said, it depends on the builder. some crews are extremely efficient at things others take their time to ensure everything is extremely accurate.. a cookie cutter shouldnt take any time at all where as a custom will take longer. it all depends on the design.. the homeowner and the guys building it,

i know crews that can build you a house in 10 weeks. .then i know other crews that would take 10 months to build the EXACT same house


Yes your right,some good builders and some bad,crews the same way, all you can do is try and research as much as you can,before choosing one.
Canarywood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:13 PM   #20
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8
Default

How long to build a house in Miami, FL


That's very interesting point, that times in South Florida might be shorter. Thanks!
ChadClemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:14 PM   #21
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8
Default

How long to build a house in Miami, FL


Quote:
Originally Posted by Canarywood1 View Post
The same house i had built would take at least 6 months and maybe more,if it was built anywhere up north.
Thanks for the information!
ChadClemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:07 PM   #22
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8
Default

How long to build a house in Miami, FL


Quote:
Originally Posted by 12penny View Post
So...just curious. Your house or a house
you're building for a client?
No I'm not building it. Just trying to get estimates to have an idea...

ChadClemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
construction, time


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how long you warranty foundation work? old house tna4play Off Topic 3 05-22-2010 08:23 AM
Add more power to the house? (kinda long) tmtrebor Electrical 5 04-30-2010 03:19 PM
If I want to build my own house can I "bend" a brick by water or other ways? Fira Building & Construction 13 12-08-2007 09:47 PM
Complete AC installation in Old Capitol Hill Row House jacko10 HVAC 0 09-18-2007 05:42 PM




Top of Page | View New Posts

Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.