How To Get Rid Of A Bathroom Window Above The Tub - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-17-2012, 01:56 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

how to get rid of a bathroom window above the tub

i have a older bungalow .the bathroom is 7 ft square along my west wall is a tub with a window above it i want to put in a walk in shower how do i get rid of the window thanks by the waymy house is block and stucko with steel siding over the stucko and block

Advertisement

yamaha05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:18 PM   #2
Disabled wood vet

Rewards Points: 1,000

Remove window, frame in, insulate, sheetrock inside, house-wrap and replace metal panel(s) outside, install shower enclosure.

Advertisement

titanoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:27 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 664

May be stuck with that window. In order to remove the siding at least the top row is going to get distroyed trying to pry it off. It's all going to have to come off to below the window in order to blend it back in once the window is gone.
Sure it's steel? More commonly it's aluminum. Check it with a magnet.
Steel is next to impossible to find, aluminum is still avalible but still hard to find.
Much easyer to remove it and go back with vinly siding instead. Just find one that matches.
joecaption is offline   Reply With Quote