Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-31-2006, 11:58 AM   #1
sun

Share |

How to find construction cost estimates?

I can't find out how to determine construction cost on a building? can someone please help me out here.

sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 01:27 PM   #2

Hire an architect to draw your plans, then submit them to contractors for bids. That is the only way to price a specific building. If you are just looking for general information, you can usually call the local Chamber of Commerce to get SqFt pricing for the area for commercial, or the local Homebuilders Association for residential SqFt pricing. The numbers provided will be very rough, however.

Tscarborough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 03:13 PM   #3
sun

well,writing a business plan.Cost is one of the key element's of my plan.Can't really lay out concrete vision,if I don't have the cost.
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 04:13 PM   #4
General Contractor

If you are writing out a business plan are you thinking of going into the construction business?
Hammatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 04:48 PM   #5

Location: Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota - Latitude 45.057 Longitude -93.074

If you are writing a business plan, you should have an idea if what kind of building (office, industrial, commercial) you need and what the space requirements (square footage) you have.

With this you can get an average square foot price for any type or size in your area.

Get both rental and purchase because a good business will will recoggnize both since you will be looking at the possiblity of leverage and the effects on cash flow. Cash flow and financing is the key to any new business, assuming the idea and talent is good.

Used recognized sources that are indexed for area, so you can document your numbers. An internet site as a reference will get your business plan tossed immediately.

concretemasonry is online now   Reply With Quote