How To Fill In Large Hole Under The Corner Of Garage? - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-28-2010, 11:38 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

How to fill in large hole under the corner of garage?

Hole was discovered by noticing a slight sag in the corner. From the outside one can put arm under the garage concrete floor. The corner of the garage is no longer attached to the footings. The structure is probably around 80 years old so the ground has settled. The adjoining concrete slab is cracked. Guy from a concrete raising company said that mud jacking would not work. due to cracked concrete and footings being separated. Has anyone ever found a solution to this problem? What do you think about putting wooden forms around the base of the garage then drilling a hole in the floor and pouring in a concrete leveling mixture?

Thanks!

Advertisement

willfixsoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 05:39 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,000

How to fill in large hole under the corner of garage?

I had to install footings under my concrete porch because I built a roof over it. Need to get footings down below the frost level.

I dug down 4 feet, and poured a concrete pad at the bottom. Then I installed a 12" Sono tube that had a step cut into it. The Sono tube rested half way under the concete wall.
Then, I poured a sloppy mix of cement down the tube, filling it right to the top.

Perhaps you can adapt this method of supporting your garage floor?

Advertisement

Wildie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wildie For This Useful Post:
willfixsoon (09-30-2010)