Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-26-2009, 05:23 PM   #1

Share |

How to build a pole barn/building.

After spending 2 days reading and losing my sight I saw the word forum which got me here. First forum first post. It's just amazing how I saw dozens of pole barn topics and most to all were worthless. Most send you to dealers who sell kits. I'll pass on that. I checked some plans from a university but If anyone can read or make sense of them they should be teaching because as soon as a looked at It I ran. How they expect for anyone to build with a one sheet plan that's not even In focus with no detail whatsoever Is just amazing.
I'm looking to find readable plans on building a pole barn or I would buy some plans If I was sure their good. I found one guy selling an e book. sounded good with a money back If not happy but I wasn't comfortable ordering after I went through It.
I would appreciate any leads where I can buy or no cost Information In any form. The best I found was just basic Info. Nothing showing wood sizes, like 2x4 or 2x6. I found what size poles that are used through a distributors web site. The pole sizes used are 6x6. What can be so hard to say the size of a particular piece of wood? Another thing I was looking Into was how to properly set a pole In the ground. Again I know some detail but not everything Involved. In one web site I read that It's good to coat the part of the wooden post that goes Into the ground with roofing tar to prevent It from rotting. That sound about right. I don't know how popular this topic Is so I will keep searching regardless. Thanks for any and all Information.

HamNnails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 07:36 PM   #2

I found everything I needed to know about the subject in books in the library.

They have detailed plans and plenty of span tables, fastner schedules, and everything else.

pyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 08:47 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyper View Post
I found everything I needed to know about the subject in books in the library.

They have detailed plans and plenty of span tables, fastner schedules, and everything else.

Thanks for the lead. I'm new to this so I'm unsure how to reply normally but I hope this goes through to you. I went to your profile In case I could reply but I couldn't find anything so thanks again & Take care.
HamNnails is offline   Reply With Quote