Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-20-2011, 02:06 PM   #1
Still Learning DIY'er

Share |

House settling issues - part 2

Hello Experts,

Another issue that possibly shimming a couple other pillars would fix is the gap between the front rooms wood laminate flooring and tile flooring of kitchen. This was a 1/8in gap to begin with all along the 148 edge. Now it is 1/4in wide at outside wall and widens to 3/8in roughly 4- 8 in and then tapers back down to 1/8in at inside wall.
I have wondered if the tile flooring was put down correctly, as the tiles height is above the wood floor. It definitely hurts to walk barefooted and step on the Aluminum Square Edge Trim
Another issue that may be the wood laminate flooring or substructure is that the floor seems wavy when compared to the baseboard. Every few feet it dips. I placed a level and it shows about a 1/8in drop at the low points down the wall.

If you have any suggestions or thoughts as to what I can do to fix these issues or if you need any other information, please let me know...

Thanks in Advance,
Gary
gmvshort is offline   Reply With Quote