DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Home Addition cost?

21K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Russ Chewning 
#1 ·
Hello from Iraq!

I am here in Iraq earning the money for an addition onto my house. The back of my home is 41 feet long, and I want to extend it 10-15 feet, depending on how good a price I can get on the addition. One part of the addition is extending a 25 foot long room. The other part of the addition is building a bathroom/possible hottub room.

This is in Central Florida, where the labor is supposed to be cheap. Does anyone have any idea of the $$/sq ft range we are looking at here? The addition onto the 25 foot room is for a billiard room, and requires nothing more than electricity and a light or two. I am considering just having plumbing run to the smaller part and just putting a hottub in there, to avoid paying a huge $/sq ft rate for building a full bath.

Essentially, I guess I am asking for a range on 410-615 sq ft of addition. Nothing fancy, just foundation, walls, and electricity. I'll get HVAC taken care of later.

Thanks for any info,

Russ

#4 ·
Is there some reason why you wouldn't have a few local contractors look it over and give you estimates? Such a query on the 'net will only give you a batch of wild guesses.
I did try to get them to look it over. I sent a rough drawing to three different local contractors. None of them bothered to respond. My guess for the reason is because a lot of contractors have a lot of work due to hurricane repairs.

Maybe they will deign to respond to my request when winter rolls around and there is not as much work.

Russ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.