Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-01-2012, 02:16 PM   #1

Share |

Help Mounting a main breaker panel--

I am going to install a new 200a main service panel (overhead service)for my 1940's home. SCE approved the new location on my exterior garage wall. (currently 60a service- 4 breakers inside my kitchen) and i pulled the permit with the city.
I would like to semi flush mount the panel for better finish, but it's a stucco on framing home(no plywood) and i can't seem to figure out how to properly mount/weatheproof the panel into the stucco with the nailing flanges. (has 2x4 framing with exposed studs on the interior wall).
So, I'm thinking surface mount for easier install, with unistrut channel but it doesn't look like there's enough eaves to go through and mount a flashing. just enough to get in the way of the overhead mast( about 3 inches). any ideas??
Attached pic of the rear of my garage with location marked in orange.
Mast will end up just about the peak of my roof (plus 30 inches). Any help is greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Help Mounting a main breaker panel---electrical-2.jpg  

socalsteve72 is offline   Reply With Quote