Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-05-2013, 03:55 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Heat Loss through attic to Roof on top of Shower, Please Help

I just recently purchased a home in central WI. Im having problems with my roof melting on top of the area that my shower is. Ive been in the attic and added batt insulation to this area to try and stop it but it just seems to come back. I have noticed that there is a foam board in the attic on top of the area that it looks like the shower is and im thinking there is a open area under that to the top of the shower (i have a 2 piece shower/tub, its the tub and the sides and the top fiberglass cap that makes it like a enclosed unit. Also there are 2 larger holes where it looks like they cut to fix the jet system that the tub has. These holes are very close to the furnace so im thinking that maybe the heat is going up through the holes up the walls of inside the shower and through the openings of the foam board? if i take foam board and seal up these holes do you think this is where the heat could be coming from? I can take some pics if needed. Thanks i just want to fix this before we have a problem with mold or something.

yogi29m is offline   Reply With Quote