Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-05-2011, 12:43 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

haze eposy

I just finish building my dream home, but when we start cleaning the house we found a big problem with our porciline tiles full of stains and haze epoxy white layer, I was in a big shock we hire professional cleaner to help us cleaning this miss but with out any results, but I think they only used a mild solution, after i start searching on line I found some hope for my tiles, what you recommend for us to use after 4 month. The tiles were done four months ago. Please help

fufu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 06:16 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,136

haze eposy

what's ' haze epoxy white layer ' mean ?

stadry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 07:54 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 2,000

haze eposy

Sound like they used an epoxy grout and failed to clean the residue off the tiles.
Ron
Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:04 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 2,136

haze eposy

' Sound like ' doesn't define anything to me,,, already gave op the benefit of thinking he meant porcelain tile instead of ' porciline ' ,,, thinking it was a post on flooring, doubt if he meant ' porcine ',,, you'd think if someone could build a ' dream house ' they could describe it sufficiently, no ?
stadry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:17 AM   #5

haze eposy

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsreallyconc View Post
' Sound like ' doesn't define anything to me,,, already gave op the benefit of thinking he meant porcelain tile instead of ' porciline ' ,,, thinking it was a post on flooring, doubt if he meant ' porcine ',,, you'd think if someone could build a ' dream house ' they could describe it sufficiently, no ?
I'm thinking English isn't his native language as opposed to some American posters who pass by here and you wonder if they even went to school.
Guys just looking for some help.
Ron
Old 03-05-2011, 09:25 AM   #6
Tileguy

Rewards Points: 2,128

haze eposy

The use of the handle "fufu" makes me sit up and pay attention!

I'll tell "fufu"...I have little idea of what it is you are trying to accomplish here but my suggestion is that you contact the people that caused the mess (or is it a "miss") and let thyem clean it up. Oh wait! Was it you?

And hey...how about those """professional""" cleaners you hired? What's their problem?

In my experience when the tile finally goes in-that's getting very near the end of the job and cleanup time is just around the corner.
Four months???
Old 03-05-2011, 09:31 AM   #7

haze eposy

Most of the Epoxy grout cleaners are for use within a day or 2 of application.
Laticrete had a recommendation of clorox powder or soft scrub and a white nylon pad. Porcelain tiles are pretty industrial but to make sure you won't damage the surface, duplicate the issue on a left over tile and see what works.
Ron