Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-20-2008, 08:31 PM   #1
Building A House

Share |

Hardie ColorPlus Lap Siding

Does anyone have any experience with the ColorPlus siding from James Hardie? I'm somewhat familiar with the primed Hardie siding. But, not the pre colored stuff.

Ezekiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 12:12 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezekiel View Post
Does anyone have any experience with the ColorPlus siding from James Hardie? I'm somewhat familiar with the primed Hardie siding. But, not the pre colored stuff.
Some of the builders here in Apex, NC are starting to use the ColorPlus to quicken builds and avoid having to hire exterior painters

I called James Hardie once, because I wanted to use their colors for repainting my house and they told me they use Valspar (Lowe's sells this brand) paint on the primed siding at the factory. So it is the same stuff just with paint already on it and if you blind nail it you theoretically won't have to paint at all.

campos202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 07:53 AM   #3
Building A House

Thanks for the info about them using Valspar. That should make it easier to get touch-up paint.
Ezekiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 08:07 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezekiel View Post
Thanks for the info about them using Valspar. That should make it easier to get touch-up paint.
No problem, also I forgot to mention that when you order your samples they have labels on the back with the actual paint formula codes (e.g. JH-0100). They are James Hardie colors and should be in their computer so they shouldn't have to use the color match machine. One thing of note on that is that some, if not all their siding are painted with a semi gloss not flat (semi-gloss gives it that sheen and darkens it a bit) so make sure to get the color with the right paint type. Otherwise it'll appear a shade or two off.
campos202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 08:00 PM   #5

I was told at my local lumber yard that the ColorPlus Hardie was painted independently and not shipped to distributors pre-painted. Not sure how valid that is considering the source but worth looking into.
Pondo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 07:17 PM   #6

colorplus arrives to distribution pre finished. also touch up paint kits are also available from nay Hardi distributor. I sell twenty colo plus jobs to every one that is primed these days.

kylemfk is offline   Reply With Quote