Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-03-2010, 08:15 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 516

hanging soffit using plastic board fascia

I am putting all new soffits on a house without any now (extending the rafters for 'some' overhang) probably 12 or 18" or so. Was going to use Certainteed plastic 1X4 or 1X6 as fascia board cause I like the look and durability.

So I have no fascia cover to cover outside edge of actual vented soffit material. Do I use a "F" channel on both sides, screwed fast to back side of fascia??? If so how do you get soffit panels in there?

What other way to cover ragged cut edge behind fascia board??
thx,-don-

4just1don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:56 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 150

hanging soffit using plastic board fascia

I used 2, F channels, one on the house wall and the other on the back edge of the fascia board. My soffits were 12" long and you can bend them slightly to get them up in the channels, your soffit panels should be slightly shorther than your channel to channel span for expansion. If you have a lot of soffit panels to install then I would not install one F channel at an end of the house and then you can easily place your soffits up in the channels and slide them down. Pictured is my job, but I used vinyl cladding over my fascia boards so it partially covers my one F channel as it sits ontop of the lip.
Attached Thumbnails
hanging soffit using plastic board fascia-100_3686.jpg  

Last edited by creamaster; 09-03-2010 at 03:03 PM.
creamaster is offline   Reply With Quote