Granite On A Fire Pit? - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-09-2010, 12:37 PM   #1
Kyle Emerick

Rewards Points: 75

Granite on a fire pit?

I have a bunch of leftover granite tiles from my home remodel/addition. I was thinking about using them on the outside and top of a fire pit I plan on building in my back yard. I plan on building the firepit out of old used bricks.

My question is, will the granite tiles hold up being so close to the heat? They are 3/8" thick and are 12" tiles. I got them shipped over from Italy. Here is a picture of them: http://www.emerickdesigns.com/media/.../target27.html

Advertisement

Old 12-09-2010, 03:08 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,022

Granite on a fire pit?

I would think the granite would tolerate the temperature ok but perhaps someone has some first-hand knowledge on that.
I have to ask what the floor jack was doing on the stove?
Room looks nice, good work!

Advertisement

bob22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 03:37 PM   #3
Kyle Emerick

Rewards Points: 75

Granite on a fire pit?

Ahh yes, the floorjack. I did almost all the finish myself so it was holding the over stove fan in place while I mounted it. I discovered lots of ways to get stuff done without help.

It was a lot of fun to learn how to do all that finish work. A good chunk happened due to the info found on this site. I am greatful and thanks for the compliment.