Good Power Drill - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-27-2010, 02:22 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Good power drill

Is Ryobi a good power tool?

Advertisement

Nancy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 01:06 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 75

Good power drill

Yes, I have owned Ryobi for over 9 yrs now including the new lithium they sell at HD and still work fine to this day. I am hard on power tools and have had no troubles with any of my ryobi drills, routers, saws, etc.

Ryobi is owned by the same foreign parent that makes Ridgid tools also exclusively sold at Home Depot as well as a few of the Sears Craftsman power tool lineups as well.

Advertisement

gjjr2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 04:29 AM   #3
Tool Geek

Rewards Points: 2,072

Good power drill

Nancy, Welcome to the Forum

Ryobi 12 volt drills IMO would work OK for home use.

Check your Library for the November 2009
Consumer Reports magazine for other options.
PaliBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 04:51 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 10

Good power drill

I've used one in the past, but I still prefer DeWalt. It's what they pros use on HGTV.
davidHandyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:26 AM   #5

Rewards Points: 2,472

Good power drill

think ryobi's decent for occasional use - we tend to buy pro grade tools & they're not always avail at apron stores, tho,,, most of our stuff's bosch, aeg, milwaukee, or hitachi ( hitachi 'cause there's a rebuilder close & we can gettem cheap ),,, we don't put much faith into what you see used on tv - they get pd to use stuff
stadry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:14 AM   #6

Rewards Points: 75

Good power drill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy67 View Post
Is Ryobi a good power tool?
IMO the 18V Ryobi is the best DIY drill based on cost/performance with an extensive line up of optional powertools that all use the same 18V battery that is readily available for replacement. The "blue" 18V Ryobi drill/impact are my favorite backup or lender tool and they are over 5 years old. I have rejuvenated my "blue" tools to Lithium power whenever HD clearances out last years models and they work great. They may not be for the pros who work their tools really hard but for the DIY they are great.

Advertisement

aggreX is offline   Reply With Quote