DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

A glue that works on precast concrete wall

Tags
concrete glue
4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Ron6519 
#1 ·
I tried attaching a bracket to a precast concrete wall using "No More Nails", not sure if this product is common outside of South Africa. Anyway, it came off. Seems like the concrete wall is too powdery, even though I cleaned it beforehand. Any other glue you can recommend that will stick to a concrete wall? I thought of using bonding liquid before trying to glue again, to make the wall less powdery. Any ideas? I need to attach a wooden fence that ends against the wall, but it does not line up with one of the concrete posts, else I could drill into that to attach the bracket. The panels of the precast wall are too thin to drill into, they would crack I think. Couldn't find an answer elsewhere on this forum.
Thanks
Onne

#4 ·
Could be a defect in the concrete. If the wall seems rather powdery (even after cleaning) then you may either have concrete disintegrating, or effluence through the concrete, or the glue you used was chemically reacting with the concrete.

It seems to me that a puolyurethane glue is your best bet: gorilla glue, Sumo, PL premium, etc.

JH

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.