DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Building & Construction (
-   -   gazebo design type (

bucsie 06-15-2012 01:37 AM

gazebo design type

I want to hire someone to build us a gazebo, and I was browsing google images until I found one I liked. Unfortunately, I didn't save the image and now it's been a month and I still can't find it.

It was a rather unique design, because the base was small, and the support posts (or beams, don't even know the term) were somehow tilted (2 or 3 combined in a crafty way) and made the roof bigger, hanging over a larger area, making a much larger shade than a regular one. Unfortunately I don't know the technical terms for this kind of design so that I can search the net, and I was wondering if any of you know what I mean and can help me with the keywords. I only managed to find something with non-straight pillars, not exactly what I wanted, but the idea is similar:


CplDevilDog 06-15-2012 05:44 AM

Google into Geodisics, Tensile Structures something along those lines.... :001_unsure:

CplDevilDog 06-15-2012 06:03 AM

Antiprisms and crossed Antiprisms?

Frustum or inverted frustum?

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:07 PM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1