Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-03-2010, 01:16 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

gas fireplace vs furnace?

I have about 750 sq place with bedroom doors clo
sed and windows that are energy efficient ones. The whole basement as well as onother 800 squar feet of the not does NOT need the heat if would receive if I had the furnace on. Therefore am I using less gas, just heating my kitchen and small living spasce? F/P has electric fan) The temp in the house with f/p on all night remains pretty much the same as when I shut if off while the thermostat for the furnace remains down at 15.

Liquidation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:51 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

gas fireplace vs furnace?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidation View Post
I have about 750 sq place with bedroom doors clo
sed and windows that are energy efficient ones. The whole basement as well as onother 800 squar feet of the not does NOT need the heat if would receive if I had the furnace on. Therefore am I using less gas, just heating my kitchen and small living spasce? F/P has electric fan) The temp in the house with f/p on all night remains pretty much the same as when I shut if off while the thermostat for the furnace remains down at 15.
Can you reread this and edit it to be clear.
I have no idea what you're trying to say.
Ron

Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote