Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-25-2007, 01:46 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Garage Wall Board

I got samples of this new interior exterior wall board material that looks excellent. It sells direct to consumers by full pallets delivered to anywhere in North America when there are no stocking retailers in an area. I want to use it to do my garage interior using a brad nail gun. Has anyone used it?

Thanks

Joe J.

Last edited by AtlanticWBConst.; 04-27-2007 at 05:59 AM. Reason: Obvious advertising - contact site administrator to advertise
Joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:04 PM   #2

Garage Wall Board

How much?

NateHanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 03:30 PM   #3
Tired, Cold, and Damp

Garage Wall Board

...using a brad nail gun?
Can you do that w/drywall?
slickshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 09:29 PM   #4

Garage Wall Board

Its about twice the cost of drywall to buy (comparing 5/8" vs 3/8"). But with the labour savings from being much easier to install with a nail gun, avoiding taping, corner bead and sanding, it should be a cheaper, faster and cleaner way to do wall boarding.

I tried my nail gun on samples and they hold much better than in particleboard. You can pry the board off the studs with a crow bar but the nails stay in the board not in the studs. The brad nails hold stronger in the magnesiacore than they do in to the wood studs you're nailing it to.

When I try that with particleboard the nails get pulled through the particleboard and stay in the wood studs instead.

Also there is no nail hole to fill afterwards. Only a small dint and slit that painters putty can fill as you do the primer. But I like the look of it and would leave it unpainted and not bother filling the nail holes. They blend in to the surface patern of the boards.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:05 AM   #5
Lic. Builder/GC/Remodeler

Garage Wall Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joej View Post
Its about twice the cost of drywall to buy (comparing 5/8" vs 3/8"). But with the labour savings from being much easier to install with a nail gun, avoiding taping, corner bead and sanding, it should be a cheaper, faster and cleaner way to do wall boarding.

I tried my nail gun on samples and they hold much better than in particleboard. You can pry the board off the studs with a crow bar but the nails stay in the board not in the studs. The brad nails hold stronger in the magnesiacore than they do in to the wood studs you're nailing it to.

When I try that with particleboard the nails get pulled through the particleboard and stay in the wood studs instead.

Also there is no nail hole to fill afterwards. Only a small dint and slit that painters putty can fill as you do the primer. But I like the look of it and would leave it unpainted and not bother filling the nail holes. They blend in to the surface patern of the boards.

You came on this forum for the sole reason.....to speak about this product that you haven't actuallu used anywhere.....but, claim that you tried nailing a sample.....????

That's alot of effort to put into a product that you 'discovered', but have not actually ever installed anywhere .......

BTW- Anyone like processed meat?

Last edited by AtlanticWBConst.; 04-26-2007 at 06:08 AM.
AtlanticWBConst. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 06:44 AM   #6

Garage Wall Board

I am looking to see if anyone else has gotten samples and used the product. It look's like great stuff and much better quality wallboard than drywall. Cost more than drywall but so does everything else. If it saves time and labour and gets a better quality job done that lasts longer, its worth looking into.

Yes I got sample 9" x 12" that are 1/4", 3/8", 1/2" and 5/8". I also got a small corner piece that is made up with brad nails that is filled without any taping or corner bead. I tried nailed the samples on studs with my own brad nail gun. I took a crow bar and pried the samples off the studs. The nails stay in the magnesiacore. The nails did not pull through the board (like they do with particleboard paneling). The nails pull out of the wood studs and stay in the board. The board was not damaged by prying them off with a crowbar and I could reuse them by sniping off the nails.

Last edited by Joej; 04-26-2007 at 07:09 AM.