Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-18-2007, 03:57 PM   #1

Share |
Question

Garage Floor Resurfacing

Hello,
I have a 24x25 garage floor that looks terrible! The guy who laid my slab did not finish the floor! The floor is very rough and it`s not level at the right side of my overhead door!
So my question is, what`s the best product to use to resurface my floor? I think I`m looking for Self-leveling overlay or resurfacer.
I will be doing all of the work myself, so I`m looking for something that I`ll have to just add water and mix.

As far as leveling, the high and low spots are only about a quarter of an inch from being level, except for the side of my door. That`s about an inch too low.
I`ve priced the Quickrete Resurfacer at Lowes, but I would like to know what you guys would use. I also welcome any tips for doing this job.

Thanks guys.

lvbndad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 10:49 PM   #2

Garage Floor Resurfacing

You can probably nail down furring strips on the slab and pour a self leveling concrete mix. Then, use the epoxy garage floor sealer.

handy man88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 08:54 AM   #3

Garage Floor Resurfacing

Thanks Handy man,
Are you saying lay the furring strips at the low point by the door, or over the whole floor?
lvbndad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 09:29 AM   #4

Garage Floor Resurfacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvbndad View Post
Thanks Handy man,
Are you saying lay the furring strips at the low point by the door, or over the whole floor?
I would lay down furring strips such that it is flush with the bottom of the garade door so that it will close flush with the floor after you poor the self leveling concrete, and work your way back from there.
handy man88 is offline   Reply With Quote