Garage Cabinets - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-14-2007, 04:13 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Garage Cabinets

I plan on building cabinets in my garage. They will be 108" high by 93" wide by 16" deep with doors. Does anyone have suggestions for construction of the cabinets and material for the doors? I do not want interior cabinet quality but something that will be sturdy and still look good.

Thanks

Advertisement

tband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 05:31 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 75
Cool

Garage Cabinets

One idea would be to use 3/4" interior grade plywood. Put it together with screws and maybe pre-drill any face screw locations maybe even countersunk. You could stain or paint. I think I'd paint. If I had some shelves that were going to have heavy things on them I might strengthen them using some 2x2s on their undersides. I think I'd use 1/2" for the doors.

Advertisement

DeeTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 02:21 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 250

Garage Cabinets

I would build 4 cabinets at 23-1/4" wide x the height and width. I would use real 3/4" plywood glued and screwed. You will want 2 fixed shelves to stop any bowing as well as a solid back like 1/4" sheeting to keep them square and stable. The doors can be plywood also Good One Side or laminated pine ( I have Pine for my 7" cabinets. You will want to make 2 doors for each cabinet.
Here is a quick look http://www.geocities.com/dmhworkshop/introductionpage1

Last edited by Darylh; 09-15-2007 at 02:25 PM.
Darylh is offline   Reply With Quote